Sunday, May 4, 2014

Phuket, day 2

January 22, 2014.

So it's been a while. Sue me. I left you with a bit of Myanmar, and now I'm going to backtrack to Thailand again. And I guess I'll start with some protesting on Koh Lanta!

Most of the news that I read covered the protesting in Bangkok, and although we were in Bangkok for two days, we only saw protesting on Koh Lanta, the biggish island a decent way away from Bangkok. It amounted to a bunch of friendly, smiling Thai people waving flags and slowing down traffic.

After we arrived on the island, we settled into our hostel and then walked the few minutes down to the beach, where we swam and generally just hung out. Or rather, my friends swam and I very slowly got up to my waist in water while they all laughed at me and called me a baby. For some reason, I can jump right into a pool and get over the shock in a few seconds, but it's so much harder in the ocean.
This is the "Freedom Bar."
Fun with hermit crabs (left) and one of many signs along the beach for the Freedom Bar (right).





























Jason, Ashley, and a very excited Kaley!
































We made our way down the beach and stopped at the "Chocolate Bar" for dinner, drinks, and sunset. It was a decent intro to the beaches of Thailand and a great start to our trip.

Jason and Ashley being cute. Or weird. Or whatever.

Me and Kaley say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment