Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beopjusa in Fall

October 27, 2013. Beopjusa, Boeun, Korea.
Beopjusa's huge standing Buddha.

After hiking Songnisan (previous post), I visited this temple, called Beopjusa (법주사), which is a 10-minute walk past the Songnisan park entrance. I arrived just after sunset and didn't have a lot of time since the park was closing soon, so I decided to head back for sunrise the next morning. I woke up at 6am, arrived at the temple around 6:30, 15 minutes or so before sunrise, and stayed for about an hour and a half, taking photos and watching the sun slowly light its way through the temple complex.


First view through the main gate (left). They are renovating a colossal pagoda-style building behind this one.
The customary water basin (right). These two photos were taken just after sunset.
A dash of color.
There are more monks than visitors this early in the morning.
I love these colors.

The main temple building.

No comments:

Post a Comment